TSBM forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TSBM forum

It all started out with a small SKITS thread until it became so much more... we now have a place to hang out with friends around the world and talk about Twilight!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Breaking Dawn Cover!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Breaking Dawn Cover! Empty
PostSubject: Breaking Dawn Cover!   Breaking Dawn Cover! EmptySat May 31, 2008 11:34 am

Breaking Dawn Cover! Approved_thread

It has been released! Look here for the Barnes & Noble page for Breaking Dawn! If you click on the picture of the cover, you can see it better.

So use this thread to talk about the amazing cover of Breaking Dawn!
Back to top Go down
Fire & Ice
Playing Dress-Up with Alice
Fire & Ice

Location : Stabing Edward Cullen with a pencil just to see the lead break

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Dawn Cover!   Breaking Dawn Cover! EmptySat May 31, 2008 11:44 am

I like the cover, but I'm not sure what it means. Anyone have a theory?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Dawn Cover!   Breaking Dawn Cover! EmptySat May 31, 2008 12:07 pm

Um, some kind of fight.
Okay, it'll be a fight with a Volturi, because they have to use their minds to defeat the Volturi, just like chess.
But I don't want to think about that Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Dawn Cover!   Breaking Dawn Cover! EmptySat May 31, 2008 3:08 pm

Now, I was thinking about how Midsummer Nights Dream could compare to chess, and I thought that since the main idea of MND is love, and love is often called a 'game' maybe that could be it. Like, there always a winner in chess, and so someone will win in Breaking Dawn. Did that make any sence?

Also, if you look where the pawn and queen are, you can see that neither is in any danger. I'm taking this as something won't happen. I think the pawn and queen both represent a character or group (ie, vampires, humans, werewolves, etc). And, what DOES the queen and pawn represent? The person who choose this obviously choose those for a reason.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Dawn Cover!   Breaking Dawn Cover! EmptySat May 31, 2008 3:12 pm

O.o
That's some really in depth theories r_r! I love them!
And I understand what you mean about winning Breaking Dawn. Bella must love being viewed as a prize Razz
Haha!
Back to top Go down
Fire & Ice
Playing Dress-Up with Alice
Fire & Ice

Location : Stabing Edward Cullen with a pencil just to see the lead break

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Dawn Cover!   Breaking Dawn Cover! EmptySat May 31, 2008 3:22 pm

Someone said they thought the pawn was Bella as a human. And the queen was her as a vamp. Like Bella is weak and full of blood (the pawn is red and the weakest piece in chess) when she is human and Bella is strong and cold as a vampire (the queen is white and the strongest piece in chess).

I didn't come up with this, someone else did and I came on here and reworded it because I liked their figuring.
Back to top Go down
Nebelph
The mad guy the admins thought was responsible enough to join them...muahahahaha
Nebelph

Location : I used to know till Jag popped me...now I forgot :(

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Dawn Cover!   Breaking Dawn Cover! EmptySat May 31, 2008 4:25 pm

I believe I said the pawn and queen as human and vampire somewhere. I came up with it myself, but I'm not saying I was the first, others have plainly done the same.

In chess, when a pawn reaches the far side of the board (the opponent's side), it becomes another queen.

The red for warm fleshy human and white for pale vampire also fits.

Last edited by Nebelph on Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Dawn Cover!   Breaking Dawn Cover! EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 2:03 pm

Okay, so I was going around the Lex, and I found this GREAT theory:

whitequeen@heart wrote:
My thoughts:

The red pawn represents Bella as her human self, full of blood. She was incredibly weak (with the exception of her mind), even for a human. The pawn is also considered the weakest piece in chess (like Bella). The point of the pawn is for it to cross the board so it may become something better. Bella was always "trying to cross the board" to become a vampire.The fact that it is on the edge implies that it has reached that goal.

The white queen represents bella as a vampire, bloodless. The queen is the most powerful piece on the board, often pivotal in the game. Bella, once a vampire, could be viewed the same way by many people.

The fact that chess is used could imply conflict. Since I believe that both pieces represent bella, i think that it is an internal conflict. The queen, up front, is sort of the "now" or present while the pawn, in the back, is the past. If that is the pawn that turned into the queen(which is what i'm going with) then i believe that the fact it is still on the board is important. Perhaps that Bella cant let go of her past, even though she is now what she thinks to be better?
What do you think?
Back to top Go down
WinniePony
Discovering a New World

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Dawn Cover!   Breaking Dawn Cover! EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 11:49 pm

So maybe crossing the board shows that Bella's struggle isn't over? Poor Bells, she's been through so much. And maybe the fact that they made her a queen means she'll be really strong...isn't the queen the strongest piece?
Back to top Go down
Krystina the Alien
Behave, or I'll MMMBop your face.
Krystina the Alien

Location : Pondering how hard it would be to steal Bill Kaulitz and Georg Listing....

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Dawn Cover!   Breaking Dawn Cover! EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 5:00 pm

Wow. I'm surprised that no one said something about Jacob. My theory is that the white queen is Bella's love for Edward (or even Edward's Bella), and the red pawn is Bella's love to Jacob (or even Jacob's Bella).

Because, the Queen is the strongest piece (as stated in someone's post above), which makes sense for it to be Bella's love for Edward, because it surpasses everything. The pawn is the weakest, and the weaker of the two pieces, so it also makes sense that its Bella's love for Jacob.

Then again, it could also be Bella's desire to be changed (Queen), and then her humanity holding her back (Renee, Charlie, Jacob) (pawn).
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Penny
A real personality double of Bella (i.e. seriously cool)
Penny

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Dawn Cover!   Breaking Dawn Cover! EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 8:38 am

Spoiler:

This is was Stephenie Meyer said about the cover in a PC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Dawn Cover!   Breaking Dawn Cover! Empty

Back to top Go down

Breaking Dawn Cover!
Page 1 of 1