TSBM forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TSBM forum

It all started out with a small SKITS thread until it became so much more... we now have a place to hang out with friends around the world and talk about Twilight!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread

Go down 
+4
Kaylachu
jade_rahh
Sparkles.In.The.Sunlight
Chadley
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Chadley
Insanely and stalkerishly obsessed with Hanson Fanson moderator
Chadley

"In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread Empty
PostSubject: "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread   "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread EmptyMon May 19, 2008 3:55 pm

Alright, well, I know I'm not the ONLY Hanson fan on here, but I am the only diehard Fanson *smirks* so I thought I would step up to the plate and start a thread. Razz

Some background information on Hanson (for all those thinking "What the heck is Hanson!?"):

Hanson is a band that started in 1994 with three brothers, Isaac (14 years old), Taylor (11 years old) and Zac (9 years old). After a few local hits and remakes of classic songs, they came out with their original hit "MMMBop". In 1997, they came out with their album 'Middle Of Nowhere', which was nominated for three Grammy's. They continued to make music, with albums like This Time Around, Underneath, and The Walk. By the time Underneath came out in 2004, they had gone independent and started up their own record company called 3 Car Garage, standing for the garage they used to play music in 1994. They've had several documentaries and The Walk is based off of their jounery to South Africa where they started a campaign for HIV/AIDS. They also partnered up with a company called Tom's Shoes which is where every par of shoes bought is a pair of shoes donated to the childen of Africa. At each venue they walk a mile and donate tons of pairs of shoes.

So, there's your Hanson mini biography. Razz

Now, erm, anyone else love Hanson? :scratch:

(And, for all those thinking "How in the world did she come up with the title of this thread?" I'm getting the names from the Lex's Hanson thread.)

Last edited by Chadley on Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sparkles.In.The.Sunlight
Feeling Better Thanks to Jasper
Sparkles.In.The.Sunlight

PostSubject: Re: "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread   "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread EmptyMon May 19, 2008 3:56 pm

MMBOP! has GOT to be like one of THE most famous songs! IT IS SO DAMN CATCHY!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread   "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread EmptyTue May 20, 2008 2:44 am

Um, I've kinda never heard of Hanson before...
Back to top Go down
jade_rahh
Reading Minds
jade_rahh

PostSubject: Re: "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread   "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread EmptyTue May 20, 2008 3:20 am

this band sounds good. i will have to find the time to look them up.

thanks for mentioning it Chadley! Smile

i like music and i especially like to hear of new bands or bands ive never heard of before !! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jade_rahh
Chadley
Chadley

PostSubject: Re: "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread   "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread EmptyTue May 20, 2008 6:49 pm

Haha, Hanson is like pop and rock and just, hmm, different from a lot of bands I guess.

I know a lot of the lyrics to MMMBop actually... Embarassed

And, you're welcome, Jade. Smile
__

For anyone who cares...Zac's wife is INCREDIBLY close to having their baby. I think she's due in a matter of days. When he/she is born, I'll post.

Also, they go back on tour this autumn in America and Europe...just thought I would let you all know. Razz
Back to top Go down
Kaylachu
Crazy, french-speaking, obsessive Mod who is also Batgirl
Kaylachu

Location : Well....Evil plots don't just make themselves you know!

PostSubject: Re: "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread   "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread EmptyThu May 22, 2008 8:59 pm

MMM BOP DA BA DOOO BOP!

WOOO! MMMBOP!
i love that song *sigh*
Back to top Go down
Pixie
Badass Mod who thinks Dom is hotter
Pixie

PostSubject: Re: "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread   "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread EmptyFri May 23, 2008 3:24 pm

Mmmmm bop...WOOO i love that song...
Back to top Go down
Chadley
Chadley

PostSubject: Re: "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread   "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread EmptyFri May 23, 2008 5:55 pm

I love it but at the same time, I hate it. If you listen to it as many times as I have, it can get very tiring on the mind.

*a mental image of the music video pops into mind and I groan*
Back to top Go down
Pixie
Badass Mod who thinks Dom is hotter
Pixie

PostSubject: Re: "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread   "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread EmptySat May 24, 2008 9:24 am

yes the misic video is well, weird and gay and embarrasing to watch...
Back to top Go down
Chadley
Chadley

PostSubject: Re: "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread   "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread EmptySat May 24, 2008 11:08 pm

Yea, and the worst part? My one friend looks like a female version of Taylor in the music video.

And the weird part? They have a younger sister with my friend's name.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread   "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread EmptyTue May 27, 2008 7:20 am

Okay, I actually watched the video and listened to the musoc, only to find that I actually knew the song!
And the video scared me...
Back to top Go down
Chadley
Chadley

PostSubject: Re: "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread   "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread EmptyFri May 30, 2008 5:37 pm

Trust me, Tegan, it scares everyone.

And, for those who care, Zac's firstborrn was born Tuesday. They just released it to the public. Anyway, his name is Johnathan Ira Shepherd Hanson.

How they got Ira...I do not know.

Anyway, hooray! The little guy will go by Shep, so cheers to Little Shep!
__

I love that song SO SO SO SO much! It's such a great song to dance to. They played that at the concert I went to, and Taylor told us he refused to sing it if we didn't dance. Razz

I think you can watch part of the song at the concert I was at on youtube.
Back to top Go down
Krystina the Alien
Behave, or I'll MMMBop your face.
Krystina the Alien

Location : Pondering how hard it would be to steal Bill Kaulitz and Georg Listing....

PostSubject: Re: "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread   "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 8:10 pm

I am here! Your other diehard 'Fanson' (God, I hate that name..its almost as bad as Twi-hard).

Crazy Beautiful is pretty much amazing. Actually, why don't I just generalize it? Underneath is amazing. And I cannot figure out why the label wouldn't let them put those songs on there. So, now, anytime I hear of Island/Def Jam, I get mad. 'Cause seriously, who WOULDN'T produce a Hanson album?

But, then again, if they didn't go independent, then we wouldn't have The Walk, and if they don't come back to Kentucky so I can actually go to one of their concerts, I will be verily pissed.

Note: The title of this thread makes NO SENSE to me, AT ALL. Unless it was something that Zac said, 'cause it sounds like something he'd say.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Chadley
Chadley

PostSubject: Re: "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread   "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 7:36 pm

Yay! Another Fanson! *wipes sweat from brow* It was getting a bit tense on here being the only Hanson fan and all.

Also, I kind of like their albums more when they're independent than I do when they were with *glares* Island/Def Jam.

Whenever I hear of them, I always freak out at the person who talked about them. Smile

Also, yea, the title of this thread was the title of the Hanson thread on the Lex when I started this thread...that's how I got it.
Back to top Go down
Krystina the Alien
Krystina the Alien

Location : Pondering how hard it would be to steal Bill Kaulitz and Georg Listing....

PostSubject: Re: "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread   "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 12:09 am

LikeASunburn wrote:
Guys some not so great news in Hanson world right now... I don't know if it's in an attempt to show up his big brother, cause yall know he's just got to try *insert half-hearted "heh.." here*, but Taylor appears to have been admitted to the hospital in Tulsa and is being tested due to problems centering around heart palpitations. So if the dumbass media wants to make crap and report that it's a substance abuse problem, no fear, that's utter nonsense and he IS ok! According to the family, it looks like he may have something called Mitral Valve Prolapse, which is a complicated term for a condition where one of the heart valves doesn't close properly. If so it's in no way life-threatening and can easily be controlled by medication. Include the family in your prayers and I'll keep you all updated once there's any news on how he's doing.

"In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread Taylorbanner23jancopy

Get well soon, Taylor. We love you.

<3.

I quoted that straight from Mimi at the Lexicon.
__

LikeASunburn wrote:
UPDATE!

Taylor's home & doing well. Either Zac or Ashley should get some sort of news about what the doctors found up at some time this afternoon, but it's being joked about that Tay may be forced to switch to decaf lol...

In any case, you guys can stop holding your breath and pacing the floor (Oh, wait... that was me *sheepish look*) he's at home and is ok. <3!!!
Back to top Go down
Chadley
Chadley

PostSubject: Re: "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread   "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 7:35 pm

I asked my dad about it (since he's a doctor) and my dad said .001% of the people who have it will suddenly die. Shocked

Not to be the pessimist or anything...

But, anyway, I'm sure he would never, could never do that to the fangirls.
Back to top Go down
Krystina the Alien
Krystina the Alien

PostSubject: Re: "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread   "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 7:37 pm

Yeah, Tay would fight too hard. a) he has like 5 million kids, plus a wife, and b) if he died, his fans would bring him back, kill him again, then bring him back (again)
Back to top Go down
Chadley
Chadley

PostSubject: Re: "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread   "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 7:40 pm

I'm sorry but I laughed so hard when I read "5 million kids".

The image of him surrounded by 5 million kids all under the age of 5 with blonde hair and blue eyes was just too funny.

We could always just wait for the next Hanson child to be born and give them special attention thinking it's Taylor reincarnated. Wink
Back to top Go down
Krystina the Alien
Krystina the Alien

PostSubject: Re: "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread   "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 8:04 pm

Seriously though. He could get all his fans together (at least, the ones 20 and younger) and call them his kids. I'd be his daughter. Well, not really, 'cause then I couldn't admire him as a hot guy...he'd be my hot dad. And that's kinda wrong... Suspect
Back to top Go down
Chadley
Chadley

PostSubject: Re: "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread   "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 12:22 am

Hmm...good idea. Maybe we could be his younger sisters instead?

I mean, it can't be TOTALLY wrong to think of your brother as hot, right? I mean, as long as you don't act on those feelings, it's all good.

*sighs at the thought of being related to him in anyway*
__

KtA, am I the only one going crazy without getting updates on the Lexicon? Mimi always had the best Hanson info on there, including the most recent pictures from photoshoots
Back to top Go down
dreams of yesterday
Has the potiential of stalking JK Rowling
dreams of yesterday

PostSubject: Re: "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread   "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 3:52 pm

HANSON IS SUPER DUPER FANTABULOUSLY AMAZING

*ahem* I mean. They rock
Back to top Go down
http://messing-with-life.forummotion.com
Chadley
Chadley

PostSubject: Re: "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread   "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 8:50 pm

WOO! GO B!

We are recruiting people, KtA. Twisted Evil

Anyway, they're gonna be on TV September 5th and 6th for those in the USA.
Back to top Go down
dreams of yesterday
dreams of yesterday

PostSubject: Re: "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread   "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 11:29 pm

Nice. That's cool. BUT I DONT LIVE IN THE STATES.

but waiit. they are coming to my city for TOUR WOO
Back to top Go down
Chadley
Chadley

PostSubject: Re: "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread   "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 12:58 am

They are? Yay! That's so cool!

You should so go. Their concerts are so much fun! I've had 3 friends that had only known one song by them when they went, and then left the concert being totally in love with their music! Razz
Back to top Go down
dreams of yesterday
dreams of yesterday

PostSubject: Re: "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread   "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 1:15 am

Haha I totally want to go now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread   "In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread Empty

Back to top Go down

"In on the best kept secret in rock & roll" - Hanson thread
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next