TSBM forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TSBM forum

It all started out with a small SKITS thread until it became so much more... we now have a place to hang out with friends around the world and talk about Twilight!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations)

Go down 
+12
Krystina the Alien
AnEndToAllThatBegins
edwards_brunette_bella
Chadley
tEamCulLen
BlackLacee
Camber
Pixie
Twilight<3
dreams of yesterday
Kaylachu
AnotherTwilight
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
AnotherTwilight
Jag's wonderful partner in crime. Also an Admin.
AnotherTwilight

Location : Obviously, I'm sitting here staring at my computer screen.

What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations)   What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations) - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 12:15 am

I get to double post only because I'm an Admin and I'm cool like that. And the fact that this post has been dead for 5 days helps.

I finished my summer reading list book #1. And no. It didn't get any better. It was actually really awful and hard to read. I'm not a person who's bothered by like sex in books and stuff, but all the shit in this severely bothered me. I really hated it. So yeh, my advice to you, do not read Snow Falling On Cedars by David Guterson.

Oh, and I'm about to start Masquerade by Melissa de la Cruz right now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations)   What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations) - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 3:13 am

We all get to double post in an emergancy.
Masquerade sounds nice. What is that one about?
Back to top Go down
Krystina the Alien
Behave, or I'll MMMBop your face.
Krystina the Alien

Location : Pondering how hard it would be to steal Bill Kaulitz and Georg Listing....

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations)   What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations) - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 4:08 am

Well, I love the Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series by Laurell K. Hamilton, but its very *cough* adult. Okay, so its got a lot of hot nasty sex in it, but I did NOT know that when I started the series!

And its got a vampire in it that could rival Edward in looks, and Aro in age. Maybe. His name is Jean-Claude.

And its got the most amzing wereanimal ever...Nathaniel. He's a stripper. Lol.

I would suggest Harry Potter, but its already been suggested, and I would also suggest Twilight, but everyone here has read that. Plus all the Scott Westerfield and James Patterson books have been suggested. OOh!! Got one!

Size 12 Is Not Fat by Meg Cabot
Size 14 Isn't Either by Meg Cabot
A Walk To Remember by Nicholas Sparks (what? I like sappy romances!)
The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom (puts a whole new spin on heaven...)
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
AnotherTwilight
AnotherTwilight

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations)   What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations) - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 12:54 pm

Tegan,
Masquerade is the second books in the Blue Blood series. They're all vampires. They have an orginization similar to the Volturi but nowhere near as powerful or important. Basically, they're all vampires who are immortal, but they do so by reincarnation. They have memories from all their lives, and when they begin their transformations at 15 they start getting all the memories back and learn to control their powers.But they are most defenseless from 15 - 21 when their changing. And now these things called Silver Bloods or Croatans or Lucifer's minion - y peeps are hunting them. They don't feed on Red Bloods but instead they feed on other Blue Bloods. Blue Bloods take human 'familiars' on whom they feed regularly. Theres a lot to it, but their really good.

In Masquerade they're all faced by the possibility of Silver Bloods popping up again after several Blue Blood kills the past year. And Jack and Schuyler are in a weird twisted romance that's not supposed to happen because Jack is supposed to be faithful to his twin sister in this life, Mimi.

That was not a very good description but you get some of the basics.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations)   What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations) - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 1:18 pm

Volturi?
I must get my hands on these books!!!
Back to top Go down
Vampire_BunnehxD
Curing Patients
Vampire_BunnehxD

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations)   What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 5:09 pm

Gone by Michael Grant

I just finished reading it yesterday. It's the first book out of supposedly six. Really good, I recommend it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Krystina the Alien
Behave, or I'll MMMBop your face.
Krystina the Alien

Location : Pondering how hard it would be to steal Bill Kaulitz and Georg Listing....

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations)   What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 5:11 pm

It's probably on here already, but w/e. I just read Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin. (The book isn't in front of me, so I don't know if the name is spelled right). Omfg, that book was good. I read it in a day.

Now I'm reading Tithe. I didn't know if it would be good, 'cause it started off slower than I expected, but now I'm really into it.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
AnotherTwilight
AnotherTwilight

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations)   What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations) - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 1:31 am

Loved Tithe, and Valiant ... and Ironside.

Just finished A Great and Terrible Beauty, and Rebel Angels. Currently working on The Sweet Fat Thing. For those of you haven't read/ heard of them, its the Gemma Doyle series and they're by Libba Brey. Oh yeh, and they're fucking awesome.
Back to top Go down
Kaylachu
Crazy, french-speaking, obsessive Mod who is also Batgirl
Kaylachu

Location : Well....Evil plots don't just make themselves you know!

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations)   What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations) - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 5:32 pm

those are good books (gemma doyle) they are AMAZING

i just finished rereading pride and prejudice
and now im rereading eclipse
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations)   What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations) - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 6:36 pm

I love the Jane Austen books!!
Back to top Go down
Kaylachu
Kaylachu

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations)   What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 1:10 am

i know!
she's so good...
well ive only ever read pride adn prejudice but i'll have to track down some of her other books
Back to top Go down
jade_rahh
Reading Minds
jade_rahh

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations)   What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 3:03 am

Eragon and Eldest.
im reading eragon atm and its really good. its kind of like JR tolkein with the hobbit etc [lord of the rings]
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jade_rahh
Nebelph
The mad guy the admins thought was responsible enough to join them...muahahahaha
Nebelph

Location : I used to know till Jag popped me...now I forgot :(

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations)   What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 7:43 am

Tegan wrote:
We all get to double post in an emergancy.

No we don't. We all get to edit our last post if we have something to add-even if it is an emergency! There is no reason to allow double posting under any circumstances since there is not time limit to how long after posting you can edit posts.

I've just started Bitten so I wouldn't reccomend it yet, but watch this space.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations)   What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 8:13 am

That's recent, Ben. Or, at least, it never used to be a big thing. I know that people aren't meant to double post now.

Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert was a very insightful book. It's a classic about a wife trapped in a...boring marriage. It's interesting.

Edit-Ben: Actually it's always been a rule and it's also always been common sense. Some people just ignored it because they wanted to boost their post count. The only difference now is that we're enforcing the rules better.

Edit - Tegan: Either way, you don't need to warn me. I get it Razz

Last edited by Tegan on Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AnEndToAllThatBegins
Eater of all. (You are my snack)
AnEndToAllThatBegins

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations)   What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 1:36 pm

WOO! Ka-ching Ka-chang for enforced rules. Cool

The Merlin Conspiracy, by Dianna Wynne Jones. I think I suggested it to Ben, once, but I gave a really bad summary. XD

She's, like, a legend in fantasy writing. It's amazing.

Also The Barimeaus Trilogy, by Jonathan Stroud.

It's long, very long, but the story (and what you get out of the story) is so incerdibly worth it.
Back to top Go down
http://jaggysmusings.webs.com
Vampire_BunnehxD
Curing Patients
Vampire_BunnehxD

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations)   What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations) - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 10:45 pm

I jut finished reading "Wicked Lovely" by Melissa Marr. It's amazing Smile Good book, good book....
Back to top Go down
Kaylachu
Kaylachu

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations)   What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations) - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 8:29 pm

is it? I've heard about it, but I wasn't sure if I should read it.

I just finished reading 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher and now I'm reading The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak
Back to top Go down
Vampire_BunnehxD
Curing Patients
Vampire_BunnehxD

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations)   What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations) - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 9:06 pm

It is, and you should.

I just finished "The Summoning" by Kelley Armstrong not too long ago. It's the first book of a series called "Darkest Powers".
Back to top Go down
runs_with_wolves
Feeling Better Thanks to Jasper

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations)   What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations) - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 4:34 am

i'm reading The NOtebook right now, so far its an pretty good book....
Back to top Go down
Kaylachu
Kaylachu

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations)   What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations) - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 3:51 pm

I just finished Nick And Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
Now I'm sorta reading The Book THeif by Markus Zusak
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations)   What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you reading? (Book Recommendiations)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3