TSBM forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TSBM forum

It all started out with a small SKITS thread until it became so much more... we now have a place to hang out with friends around the world and talk about Twilight!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Volturi

Go down 
+5
Fire & Ice
Camber
Sparkles.In.The.Sunlight
Twilight<3
runs_with_wolves
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Nebelph
The mad guy the admins thought was responsible enough to join them...muahahahaha
Nebelph

Location : I used to know till Jag popped me...now I forgot :(

The Volturi - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Volturi   The Volturi - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 7:24 am

...because he's ruthless, sick and mean.
Back to top Go down
AnEndToAllThatBegins
Eater of all. (You are my snack)
AnEndToAllThatBegins

PostSubject: Re: The Volturi   The Volturi - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 1:09 pm

Haha, really.

I mean, honestly, if I had that kind of power, I'd probably end up doing the same things that Aro did. It's just who I am.

In that, I think he probably had to distance himself from his own emotions, simply for the sake of keeping everyone he knew under his thumb. He wanted power--more than he wanted people to love him. I'm sure at one point, he wanted to feel guilty. But, we're he to let that emotion through, it would open the door to everything else he's kept dormant.

So, yeah, he's basically ruthless, sick and mean. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://jaggysmusings.webs.com

PostSubject: Re: The Volturi   The Volturi - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 1:17 pm

*claps hands* But that's what makes him Aro! If he wasn't ruthless, sick and mean, he'd be NOT Aro, and horribly boring...right?

I think that the wives are suspiciously out of it o.O

Last edited by Tegan on Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AnEndToAllThatBegins
AnEndToAllThatBegins

PostSubject: Re: The Volturi   The Volturi - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 1:27 pm

I totally agree.

What the hey? I mean, it's like they're not really wives, they're just there to keep each other company.

I didn't really understand their part in the story. SM made a big deal of "The wives are coming! The wives are coming!" (XD) But why she even added their characters completely baffles me.

Unless of course, she just wanted to add them to be able to say "The wives are coming!"
Back to top Go down
Penny
A real personality double of Bella (i.e. seriously cool)
Penny

PostSubject: Re: The Volturi   The Volturi - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 1:29 pm

RhapsodyN'Blues wrote:

Unless of course, she just wanted to add them to be able to say "The wives are coming!"

I'm sure that this was the only point of having them in the story, lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Volturi   The Volturi - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 1:36 pm

WIVES HO!

I think that that's from Happy Feet...

Did it actually say in there "The wives are coming!"?
I shall have to look again o.O

The wives are awfully submissive. It makes you wonder whether they're actually of any importance to the Volturi, or if they were only taken as wives because "It is a truth universally acknoledged, that a single man in possesion of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife."

Or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Penny
Penny

PostSubject: Re: The Volturi   The Volturi - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 1:41 pm

LOL Maybe one day Stephenie Meyer will write a book about the Volturi, and explain the doubtful importance of their wives to us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Volturi   The Volturi - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 1:43 pm

When Stephenie publishes her oh so mysterious Twilight Saga Guide, I am expecting there to be AT LEAST a chapter dedicated to the Volturi.

Otherwise, I will be very put out -_-

She doesn't tell us much in the books about the Volturi, does she? And even less out of the pages. What do you think happened to them?
Back to top Go down
AnEndToAllThatBegins
AnEndToAllThatBegins

PostSubject: Re: The Volturi   The Volturi - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 1:46 pm

They discapeared and wnt to rule the rest of the world.

But honestly, I'm sure that there had to be some supplementary planning as for "what to do with this new coven who has this chick who can withstand anything we throw at her."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Volturi   The Volturi - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 1:48 pm

I'm trying to get people in deep discussion, kk? Razz

I don't like Regnata. She showed too much fear. Surely she'd been put through training for that. The Volturi should not have lost.
Back to top Go down
Penny
Penny

PostSubject: Re: The Volturi   The Volturi - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 1:50 pm

They didn't really lose, because there was nothing like a fight.. Okay, somehow they actually lost the great "mind battle", but that's all.
Back to top Go down
AnEndToAllThatBegins
AnEndToAllThatBegins

PostSubject: Re: The Volturi   The Volturi - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 1:56 pm

No, I think that they lost. There was a confrontation of power, and they came out the lower hand.

The ironics thing is, they probably see the Cullens as a great threat, simply because they are "immune" to the Volturi (with Bella's power), even though the Cullens don't want to ule the rest of the world...

It's like me and Evey. Very Happy Sometimes I don't like her, simply because she isn't afraid of me---but she probably wouldn't even consider doing half the things that cross my mind, lol.
Back to top Go down
Penny
Penny

PostSubject: Re: The Volturi   The Volturi - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 1:58 pm

Haha, okay you're right. And they weren't as powerful as the Cullens, after all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Volturi   The Volturi - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 2:00 pm

That's another thing. We were lead to believe that there was going to be a fight, but what do we get? A DISCUSSION?? Politics sucks -_-

My Volturi is smarter then them all Cool

Especially my Aro swoon

I find the whole "witch twins" thing hilerious Razz

Back to top Go down
Penny
Penny

PostSubject: Re: The Volturi   The Volturi - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 2:14 pm

If they were that smart they would have prepared themselves for a fight. Razz
How's it hilarious?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Volturi   The Volturi - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 2:30 pm

They did prepare themselves for a fight. The problem is that there wasn't a fight.

It's funny because it is. It has no reason for it's hilerity Razz
Back to top Go down
Penny
Penny

PostSubject: Re: The Volturi   The Volturi - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 2:32 pm

They left because the Cullens were ready to fight and they weren't.

Last edited by Penny on Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Volturi   The Volturi - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 2:55 pm

They left because the Cullens left their reputation in shreds. Besides, how could they have accounted for the difficultly that Bella's power would accumulate?
Back to top Go down
Penny
Penny

PostSubject: Re: The Volturi   The Volturi - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 7:35 am

Fine. They left because of that. I really hope Stephenie Meyer is going to tell us more about them, but I still don't get that part about the wives. They don't seem to be really important.
Back to top Go down
AnEndToAllThatBegins
AnEndToAllThatBegins

PostSubject: Re: The Volturi   The Volturi - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 9:54 am

They were both prepared for a fight, but the Volturi hadn't counted on the Cullens calling up old allies.

They're used to winning, they've been secretly ruling the underworld for what, millenia?

But they'd never come across an enemy more powerful than themselves. They had met the Cullens before, so they assumed that there would only be Eight of them; the Cullens and Bella.
Back to top Go down
Nebelph
The mad guy the admins thought was responsible enough to join them...muahahahaha
Nebelph

Location : I used to know till Jag popped me...now I forgot :(

PostSubject: Re: The Volturi   The Volturi - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 8:01 pm

Personally, I'd have said they could have flattened the Volturi. SM says it would have been an even fight but if the volturi cannot use their powers and that other amazon woman was making them all see things, how were they meant to make any form of counterattack?
Back to top Go down
AnEndToAllThatBegins
AnEndToAllThatBegins

PostSubject: Re: The Volturi   The Volturi - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 3:47 pm

Well spoken. :p

But I think that someone stumbling around thinking that they were in the middle of space migth be able to make it over to the Amazonia Whatserface and knock her down or something, then distract her in a fight.

Then, um, they would start throwing rocks at the Cullens....and then they would both get mad...and then they would sock it out! XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Volturi   The Volturi - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 5:10 am

Er...as astounding as your logic is, I still think that the Volturi pwn the Cullens.
SO THERE!

Besides, there is a REASON that Aro wants Alice to join the Volturi, you know *pouts*
Back to top Go down
AnEndToAllThatBegins
AnEndToAllThatBegins

PostSubject: Re: The Volturi   The Volturi - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 12:09 pm

True as that may be, his only incentive was/is his want for power.

She is very special, she is very talented, but Aro only wanted to recruit her to strengthen the Volturi.

Which would then ultimately strengthen himself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Volturi   The Volturi - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 5:56 pm

I'm not saying that he doesn't want power. All I mean is that the Volturi couldn't have possibly seen that the Cullens would gather so many vampires for the fight.
...If there had been a fight, that is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Volturi   The Volturi - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Volturi
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next