TSBM forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TSBM forum

It all started out with a small SKITS thread until it became so much more... we now have a place to hang out with friends around the world and talk about Twilight!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is New Moon Depressing?

Go down 
+5
Twilight<3
dreams of yesterday
Pixie
runs_with_wolves
Kaylachu
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaylachu
Crazy, french-speaking, obsessive Mod who is also Batgirl
Kaylachu

Location : Well....Evil plots don't just make themselves you know!

Is New Moon Depressing? Empty
PostSubject: Is New Moon Depressing?   Is New Moon Depressing? EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 10:58 pm

Is New Moon Depressing? Approved_thread

I didnt know what to call this topic...but does any one find that reading New Moon depresses them? I sure do! It makes me so sad reading about Edward leaving! And the cullens are hardly in it at all...Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is New Moon Depressing?   Is New Moon Depressing? EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 10:59 pm

I don't like it when Edward's gone. It's sad! But I love meeting the Volturi!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is New Moon Depressing?   Is New Moon Depressing? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 1:13 pm

Haha, I just LOVE every part after Alice gets back! I shout "YESSSS!!!" every time Bella gets to Eddy! And people think I am crazy...haha jk!
Back to top Go down
runs_with_wolves
Feeling Better Thanks to Jasper

PostSubject: Re: Is New Moon Depressing?   Is New Moon Depressing? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 5:18 pm

^^haha i did the exact same thing, in fact i think i did a little dance when alice came back!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is New Moon Depressing?   Is New Moon Depressing? EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 6:43 am

I just spend the rest of the day smiling like a goofball.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is New Moon Depressing?   Is New Moon Depressing? EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 11:50 am

I know...I can't put New Moon down after Alice comes back! I am way too obsessed with the Cullen family!!!
Back to top Go down
Pixie
Badass Mod who thinks Dom is hotter
Pixie

PostSubject: Re: Is New Moon Depressing?   Is New Moon Depressing? EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 2:52 pm

I know your reading it and going...'god when is Alice coming' and you read about Jacob and his freaking motorbikes and every night before you start reading you like'Oh great reading about Jake again'...then Alice comes back and your like 'BAHM INSTANTLY HOOKED'...

I do actually like Jacob but its a bit dull without Edward....
Back to top Go down
dreams of yesterday
Has the potiential of stalking JK Rowling
dreams of yesterday

PostSubject: Re: Is New Moon Depressing?   Is New Moon Depressing? EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 9:04 pm

KK, it is verry depressing. And you know I think that...
Back to top Go down
http://messing-with-life.forummotion.com
Twilight<3
Admin obsessed with Milo
Twilight<3

Location : Going through my wardrobe... and then shocked to find Pix there!

PostSubject: Re: Is New Moon Depressing?   Is New Moon Depressing? EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 9:10 pm

It's depressing at first but you have to look deeper into it and realize that it's actually really sweet. Do you think you could ever lose someone or something that you live for? I probably couldn't but Edward was doing that to protect Bella even though he could hardly bare it. He said that some days he would just curl up into a ball and lay there. I mean, c'mon, that's soo sweet in a sad way though.
Back to top Go down
Kaylachu
Kaylachu

PostSubject: Re: Is New Moon Depressing?   Is New Moon Depressing? EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 9:19 pm

yeah that is sweet...

but think if you actually thought that person didnt love you anymore...and would just leave

that must have been hard for eddie to leave her there in the woods...*sniff* see....more depression
Back to top Go down
WinniePony
Discovering a New World

PostSubject: Re: Is New Moon Depressing?   Is New Moon Depressing? EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 11:14 pm

It is so depressing...I cry in 3 places every time I read it. When Edward leaves (duh) when Jake is being all stupid and telling her they can't hang out anymore and when Edward comes back (but those are happy tears). So most of it is sad, but the happiness is worth it. I didn't think happy tears were actually possible until I read it. *sighs* Twilight makes everything possible. And keep in mind that New Moon is a huge changing experience for Bella and Edward. It had to happen, even if it sucks.
Back to top Go down
dreams of yesterday
Has the potiential of stalking JK Rowling
dreams of yesterday

PostSubject: Re: Is New Moon Depressing?   Is New Moon Depressing? EmptyThu May 01, 2008 9:57 pm

I don't care. Anything cannot cheer me up when I read New Moon. Its so sad! I always cry when Edward leaves Bella. TO JAKE. How could he be soo stupid!
Back to top Go down
http://messing-with-life.forummotion.com
Vampire_BunnehxD
Curing Patients
Vampire_BunnehxD

PostSubject: Re: Is New Moon Depressing?   Is New Moon Depressing? EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 10:03 pm

It's so sad... When I was reading New Moon again I would usually skip to the part where they go and find Edward. The rest of the book, to me, is sort of boring without the Cullen's'.
Back to top Go down
Twilight<3
Admin obsessed with Milo
Twilight<3

Location : Going through my wardrobe... and then shocked to find Pix there!

PostSubject: Re: Is New Moon Depressing?   Is New Moon Depressing? EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 12:49 pm

Haha, that's what I thought when I reread it the first couple of times. But then, I started to really appreciate New Moon a lot more and see what it symbolized and everything.
Back to top Go down
Kaylachu
Kaylachu

PostSubject: Re: Is New Moon Depressing?   Is New Moon Depressing? EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 9:20 pm

i love how the plot is so similar to Romeo and Juliet but then so different...because it has a happier ending and stuff
Back to top Go down
AnEndToAllThatBegins
Eater of all. (You are my snack)
AnEndToAllThatBegins

PostSubject: Re: Is New Moon Depressing?   Is New Moon Depressing? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 9:06 am

I didn't find that New Moon was depressing, just extremely long.

At this point in the story, even though there is only one book beforehand, the idea of Bella and Edward being together is just so firmly imprinted (heh) on your mind, that the story seems at a loss when he isn't there.

However, every time I read New Moon over, I find it easier and easier to read because each time I see what an important part of the story it is. The fact that they both made huge mistakes (Bella and Edward) and yet they still found each other, still went back to each other, only strengthened their relationship.

I honestly don't think that Bella and Edward would be, could be, Bella and Edward, without that period of pain and loss in New Moon.
Back to top Go down
http://jaggysmusings.webs.com
Penny
A real personality double of Bella (i.e. seriously cool)
Penny

PostSubject: Re: Is New Moon Depressing?   Is New Moon Depressing? EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 8:15 am

First I found New Moon really sad and annoying. I read it in one day, because I thought it sucked. lol
But now I think it's something that needed to happen, just like Jag said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is New Moon Depressing?   Is New Moon Depressing? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is New Moon Depressing?
Page 1 of 1