TSBM forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TSBM forum

It all started out with a small SKITS thread until it became so much more... we now have a place to hang out with friends around the world and talk about Twilight!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Writing support/where the road begins, ends, and burned down.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AnEndToAllThatBegins
Eater of all. (You are my snack)
AnEndToAllThatBegins

Writing support/where the road begins, ends, and burned down. Empty
PostSubject: Writing support/where the road begins, ends, and burned down.   Writing support/where the road begins, ends, and burned down. EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 6:08 pm

Ayt, me and B*B (B*B and I, whatever) thought it would be a good idea to start a writing support thread.

What do we do at the writing support thread?

We support the writers!

Well, the writers support each other.

If you has ideas and such, need a break from NaNoWriMo, or just need to lay something out (weirdly enough, I find its more stimulating to write a chapter on a forum post than on a word document...), stay where you're at and we'll come where you're to!

In otherwords, this is the place. =]

I will start. :p

I just realized that NaNoWriMo started...four days ago, and I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to do it. I can barely finish all my other writing/editing projects (numbering at about 5 or 6) nonetheless try and write a novel in a month..completely seperate from all the other *twitch* wun-der-phul sh*t-eh, stuff that I need to finish.

But I just got this random idea at my arts school (conservatives b*tches) that may work...for a pointless short story.

Okay, theres this guy...and hes got a tick. Well, not a tick, but OCD with counting up to the number four...with everything he does.

And I'm thinking he might accidentally get caught up in a crime, and he gets involved without really realizing it, and at the end, hes coutning to the number four (which he will do continuously throughout the story) and he realizes that...

Dunno, something like there are only three criminals, and since hes got OCD with this, it drives him nuts (since hes looking for a number four). In the end, he'll realize that the fourth one is himself...

I think.

Maybe.

Its not a very good idea, I know.

But whatever.

You will support me. :p

If I write it, that is...
Back to top Go down
http://jaggysmusings.webs.com
Nebelph
The mad guy the admins thought was responsible enough to join them...muahahahaha
Nebelph

Location : I used to know till Jag popped me...now I forgot :(

PostSubject: Re: Writing support/where the road begins, ends, and burned down.   Writing support/where the road begins, ends, and burned down. EmptySat Nov 08, 2008 4:26 pm

It's an interesting basic idea, but the whole idea of this guy just stumbling around completely in the dark and somehow solving the crime seems like a very hard concept to write.
Maybe his counting gets him involved by accident and he is accused of aiding the criminals so he actively seeks to prove his innocence (don't make him an actual cop of some kind-too Columbo). The ironic twist being that in solving the crime he somehow realizes he is the 4th criminal. How you'd make him a criminal without knowing it though...maybe he has amnesia as well.
Back to top Go down
Twilight<3
Admin obsessed with Milo
Twilight<3

Location : Going through my wardrobe... and then shocked to find Pix there!

PostSubject: Re: Writing support/where the road begins, ends, and burned down.   Writing support/where the road begins, ends, and burned down. EmptySat Nov 08, 2008 9:58 pm

Maybe he's schizophrenic and has three different personalities who commit crimes. So while he is trying to add everything up.. he realizes that he is the fourth partner in crime. Or.. he is the only partner in crime. -gasp- laugh

I really should be writing because I am so behind. It's just really difficult for me. I got so behind this week with everything that has happened and I'm drowning here, not to mention school is Hell (haha.. I notice now so much whenever someone says something like that. You would know why if you knew my story). I'm kind of considering writing this thing but maybe not meet the deadline and then go ahead and do the editing process for nanoedmo.
Back to top Go down
Nebelph
The mad guy the admins thought was responsible enough to join them...muahahahaha
Nebelph

PostSubject: Re: Writing support/where the road begins, ends, and burned down.   Writing support/where the road begins, ends, and burned down. EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 2:10 pm

Ooo, I have to admit that I quite like the split personality thing. His three criminal personalities are separated from the innocent one in that they are not aware of it or it of them and they are only active when he sleeps or occasionally blacks out and wakes up somewhere else.
He gets accused of the crime when his personality switches mid-crime (a blackout ends) and he is caught. He buys bail and uses the time to prove his innocence, but the evidence leads him to be introduced to the other 3 of himself and come to the conclusion that he is the criminal.
He takes solace in that he is not mentally the criminal, but his obsession with four drives him to try and find a fourth criminal and he finds that small, subconcious things that he does are helping his criminal sides and so he is the 4 criminal.
Back to top Go down
AnEndToAllThatBegins
AnEndToAllThatBegins

PostSubject: Re: Writing support/where the road begins, ends, and burned down.   Writing support/where the road begins, ends, and burned down. EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 1:31 pm

I was thinking a little less technical. But its nice of you to try and write my story for me, lol.

But I do like the multiple personality thing. Imma think on that.
Back to top Go down
Nebelph
Nebelph

PostSubject: Re: Writing support/where the road begins, ends, and burned down.   Writing support/where the road begins, ends, and burned down. EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 8:49 pm

Psh. No-one said you had to do as I said, I was just voicing ideas to inspire some of your own.
Back to top Go down
Twilight<3
Admin obsessed with Milo
Twilight<3

Location : Going through my wardrobe... and then shocked to find Pix there!

PostSubject: Re: Writing support/where the road begins, ends, and burned down.   Writing support/where the road begins, ends, and burned down. EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 10:56 pm

And when he finds out that he has multiple personalities, he hangs himself for the greater good and to protect other people.. from himself.

Or is that too much like Fight Club?
Back to top Go down
AnEndToAllThatBegins
AnEndToAllThatBegins

PostSubject: Re: Writing support/where the road begins, ends, and burned down.   Writing support/where the road begins, ends, and burned down. EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 10:48 am

I've never seen fightclub, but this guy wouldn't be selfless enough to do that. :]

I mean, it'll kind of be like the machinist, only none of it will be an accident.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Writing support/where the road begins, ends, and burned down.   Writing support/where the road begins, ends, and burned down. Empty

Back to top Go down

Writing support/where the road begins, ends, and burned down.
Page 1 of 1