TSBM forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TSBM forum

It all started out with a small SKITS thread until it became so much more... we now have a place to hang out with friends around the world and talk about Twilight!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What did you think of the movie?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chadley
Insanely and stalkerishly obsessed with Hanson Fanson moderator
Chadley

What did you think of the movie? Empty
PostSubject: What did you think of the movie?   What did you think of the movie? EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 7:25 pm

For those of us who have seen it, what did you think?

I, personally, liked it. I know a lot of people who were majorly dissapointed but that's going to happen with any movie based off of a book. I thought that with the bugdet they had and the actors they casted, it was the best they could have done. Sure, Kristen was a bit emotionless and I thought Rob had a very unique take on Edward, but it was pretty good.

I wasn't the person who went into the theatre thinking this would be the best movie ever (actually, quite the opposite) so it took me by surprise with its...goodness, I guess.

Anyway, I thought the special effects could have been better, but it was understandable with the movie's budget. I also thought everything was just a bit rushed and they should have explained a bit more (preferablly Jasper's power, Alice/Carlisle background and maybe a bit more on the vampire lifestyle).

But, realistically, I was pretty surprised with Robert's performance. He didn't look anything like how I pictured Edward, but his acting/American accent was very good. One thing I noticed was, in my opinion, he protrayed Edward as a shy, lacking of confidence person. In Twilight, I thought he was more arrogantly reserved. To me, he didn't lack confidence whatsoever; perhaps, he had too much of it.

One thing I thoroughly enjoyed was Alice's bit in the ballet studio, though. I thought the scene where she had Bella's blood on her hand and smelled it really showed the temptation they face. I'm still not sure if I agreed on Jasper's whole role and how he looked 'in pain' but I have to say, it did make the movie funnier.

Kellan was fantastic as Emmett, in my eyes, and don't even get me started on Carlisle. Very Happy

I thought the man did a tremendous job. The girls behind me were giggling when he walked through the hospital doors and practically screamed in my ear how they had switched from fans of Edward to Carlisle.

...I almost hit them with my water bottle and screamed "He's mine". But I resisted.

Oh, one thing I didn't like was Rosalie. She wasn't cruel enough to me, for some reason. I thought she could have been much more bitter.

Anyway, any other thoughts?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you think of the movie?   What did you think of the movie? EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 3:39 am

I haven't seen the movie, but I'm living off of all of the clips that I can find to keep me furfilled until the movie comes out here.
Considering that I'm the person who started the Twilight revolution within my school, no one seems to want to come with me to the movie Sad
Except my friends, but they don't count because they don't even wantto go see it on the day it comes out :/
Back to top Go down
Twilight<3
Admin obsessed with Milo
Twilight<3

Location : Going through my wardrobe... and then shocked to find Pix there!

PostSubject: Re: What did you think of the movie?   What did you think of the movie? EmptySat Nov 29, 2008 7:35 pm

Oh c'mon, you actually enjoyed Rob's acting? He's the one that set off the whole movie for me. The rest was fairly good, though. Like the first Biology scene with him putting his hand over his nose. laugh And he had a very shakey, non-realistic voice. Sorry, I just did not like him.

However, I felt the rest of the cast and movie was great. The movie got off to a shakey start but the second half was great. I wasn't too disappointed because I knew it wasn't going to be great - no book adaptation really ever is. The baseball scene was phenominal and you can imagine how I acted with the music... -cough-

I want to go see it again.
Back to top Go down
Chadley
Insanely and stalkerishly obsessed with Hanson Fanson moderator
Chadley

PostSubject: Re: What did you think of the movie?   What did you think of the movie? EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 12:26 pm

Um....I'm going to see it today for the 4th time.

And tomorrow for the 5th.

*shifty glance*

Anyway, it wasn't that I enjoyed his acting, it was that it was better than what I expected. I'm not and never have been a Robert fan, so my expectations were VERY low of him and seeing his performance was better than what I went into the theater thinking I would be seeing. I thought, as I said above, that he protrayed Edward as a shy, lacking confidence type of person, and that isn't how I thought Edward was supposed to be. I read in an interview with him that before they started filiming, he was going to portray Edward as a manic depressive.

...he kind of had that essence to me in the movie.

I thought at times he was sullen and morose while others he was slightly giddy and that was something I didn't really like. In the end, I think it was just how HE decided to make Edward seem and what he did didn't exactly float with me. *shrug*

I also think that if you were going into that theater wanting to see Edward portrayed like that, you would have enjoyed his acting and performance very, very much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you think of the movie?   What did you think of the movie? Empty

Back to top Go down

What did you think of the movie?
Page 1 of 1