TSBM forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TSBM forum

It all started out with a small SKITS thread until it became so much more... we now have a place to hang out with friends around the world and talk about Twilight!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tegan's writing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Tegan's writing Empty
PostSubject: Tegan's writing   Tegan's writing EmptyWed May 21, 2008 2:35 am

I don't write as often as I'd like, I admit, but I'll show you some of my favourite pieces (not that they're that good, but whatever).

The Waterfall I wrote this for a thing of homework from ages ago!!
I hung from the top of the waterfall. My arms were tired, and I couldn't possibly hold on any longer. My fingers were already slipping from the mossy rocks, on which the water rushed past. The fact the it was the middle of winter didn't help much either. But even on the verge of death, I could admire the view from the top of that waterfall, the picturesque rainbow, created from the spasms of water splashing off of the rocks on the side of the mountain. It was almost tranquil, the thought that this would be the last time I looked at anything, the pure beauty of the place. I prepared to let go of the rock that I was holding myself up with, when I felt a hand cover my own. The hand was almost as cold as mine. I could feel a tugging on my arm, and I relised that I was being lifted to safety.
I wondered to myself who my rescuer could possibly be. No one knew that I had climbed up the mountain. I had been eager to see the view that I had heard about from so many hikers. I had never quite grasped how dangerous hiking was.
I hadn't even relised that my eyes were closed until I heard a soft voice. "Open your eyes," it coaxed. It sounded familier, but my mind was still...elsewhere. "Open your eyes. Come on!" it said, more urgently. I wondered why the voice cared what happened to me. It was a nice voice. Obviously male, each word sounded like a forgotten melody. I wanted to obey the voice, but my lids were heavy. I mumbled something, I don't know what, to tell the voice that I was awake. I could feel his cool fingers on my face for less then a second. It took a moment for me to relise that he had slaped me, but I didn't feel any pain. In fact, my whole face was numb.
Getting the message, I opened my eyes, grudgingly. "What are you doing here?" I asked the boy, but it all came out as a huge blur. My lips were numb, too.
"You're okay!" he smiled. I didn't quite understand how he could possibly be happy to see me alive.
"I am," I replied, again, It was just a huge blur.
Wordlessly, he handed me a blanket, which I took thankfully, and wrapped it around myself. We waited there for I don't know how long. I didn't know if the splashing waterfall was annoying or serene. I decided on both. It could be both, right?
Eventually, I felt warm enough for my words to make sense, at least. "Why did you save me?" I asked.
He smiled and winked at me. "You look better," he commented, "We can hike back down now, I think."
And without further ado, he stood up and picked up his backpack full of hiking gear. He grabbed my hand and pulled me to my feet. I wobbled around for a minute or two, getting used to using my legs, again. "Come on, lets go." he urged, tugging my hand.
"I don't know if I can walk properly, let alone climb back down the mountain!" I complained.
He laughed, "Don't worry. I'll help you."
I rolled my eyes and followed him, but quickly took one last glance at the view. The very same one I'd almost died for.
He was right when he said that he'd help me down the mountain. He never took his eyes off me for a second, while still on the lookout for loose rocks, and such. Eventually, we reached the bottom, him, splattered with water, and me, completely drenched. I decided that I should thank him at the very least. "Thank you," I said unhappily. I didn't want to be in this person's debt.
"No problem," he smiled, sitting me down on a rock, then taking a place beside me.
"Why did you do it?" I asked. He'd dodged the question up the top of the mountain.
His face masked over with fake surprise. "I thought that it'd be quite obvious."
"It's not," I lied.
"I could hardly have my biggest rival get herself killed. What'd be the fun in that?" he laughed, but I noticed a steel note in his musical laughter.
"What would be the fun indeed..." I muttered. Then I remembered something else. "How did you know how to find me? I didn't tell anyone where I was going."
He blushed. "I followed you out here," he said, shortly.
"You're hopeless," I said, shaking my head.
"Are you fine to get home?" he asked me. I wondered what had caused the abrupt change of topic.
"Sure. There's a bus stop right around the corner, right?" I asked.
"Yeah. I guess that's my work done," he said, standing up. "See you at school on Monday," he chuckled, with a wave.
I waved back. He may of saved me this time, but it was only a matter of time before I could even the score...

My prey and I This one I wrote for a "If I were a vampire" Contest. I didn't win, but I don't mind Wink
My senses were acutely aware of my surroundings. Much more so, then from when I was a human, I noted. The tall grass was rustling the slightest bit, I could smell the fresh blood from where I was. My whole existence became aware of that one creature in the grass. True, the pull wasn't as strong as it was around humans, but I was hungry, and therefore sensitive to every drop of blood around me. From the smell, I could easily tell that the animal was a lioness. I guessed that she was stalking the oblivious zebra, I could see, thanks to my extended eyesight, grazing in a small green area. Little did the lioness know, the predator would soon be the prey.

I carefully sneaked closer, utterly aware of every slight move that I made. It wasn't hard for me to keep quiet, but I had to be extra careful now, due to the concentrated ears of the lioness. She seemed to be positioning herself, ready to attack the zebra. I decided to be kind, and give her a last meal, I would be able to lay off of the weak zebra, I was sure. That was generous enough, right? And her new energy might make her more exciting to fight with, and the blood warmer to drink... No, I must divert my own thoughts, for at least a minute! Distracting myself, I kept watching the lioness carefully make her way closer and closer to the zebras. 3...2...1...and she pounced. The zebras realized what was happening a second after it happened. They went scurrying like crazy in all directions, except for the one that the lioness has landed on. She ripped it to pieces with her strong teeth, and the smell of the zebra's blood wafted over to me. I was so hungry, the venom was pooling in my mouth. Surely the lioness had eaten enough. And if I striked now, maybe I could drink some of the zebra's blood as well.

Fast as lightening I pounced on the lioness. She was aggressive, but I was stronger and thirstier. It was hardly a challenge when I beheaded her with my teeth. I ripped her carcass to pieces, taking delight in the warm blood that she provided. After two minutes, I was already finished with her. I left her mangled body on the ground, as no one came within the territory of a lion's pride, anyway, and drank what I could of the zebra. It's blood was cold, and had already been mixed in with the dirt. Not much of a meal after the lioness. Now I needed something to rid my mouth of the taste...
Back to top Go down

Tegan's writing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tegan's writing   Tegan's writing EmptySat May 24, 2008 12:15 am

Tegan, you are AMAZING!!! OMG, WRITE MORE NOW!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AnEndToAllThatBegins
Eater of all. (You are my snack)
AnEndToAllThatBegins

Tegan's writing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tegan's writing   Tegan's writing EmptySat May 24, 2008 10:49 am

I like your stuff. It kind of reminds me of the style I use. Very pretty, easy to follow.
Back to top Go down
http://jaggysmusings.webs.com

Tegan's writing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tegan's writing   Tegan's writing EmptyMon May 26, 2008 8:12 am

Thanks guys!!
I don't get that much time to write, but I DO love writing XD
Back to top Go down
runs_with_wolves
Feeling Better Thanks to Jasper

Tegan's writing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tegan's writing   Tegan's writing EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 8:27 pm

Tegan your writing is AMZING!!!!!! ♥
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tegan's writing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tegan's writing   Tegan's writing Empty

Back to top Go down

Tegan's writing
Page 1 of 1