TSBM forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TSBM forum

It all started out with a small SKITS thread until it became so much more... we now have a place to hang out with friends around the world and talk about Twilight!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Comparison between Twilight and The Host

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Twilight<3
Admin obsessed with Milo
Twilight<3

Location : Going through my wardrobe... and then shocked to find Pix there!

Comparison between Twilight and The Host Empty
PostSubject: Comparison between Twilight and The Host   Comparison between Twilight and The Host EmptyTue May 20, 2008 4:57 pm

Comparison between Twilight and The Host Approved_thread

Does anyone else see the connection? I mean, it's like Ian is Jacob, Jared is Edward, and Wanda/Melanie is Bella... there's more to it than that but I'll let you all pick it apart. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Twilight and The Host   Comparison between Twilight and The Host EmptyWed May 21, 2008 7:45 am

BCL and I actually made a list of The Host characters and their Twilight equivilents the other day! Here is how far we got:
Wanderer - Bella
Ian - Edward/Mike
James - Kyle
Jeb - Charlie
Doc - Carlisle
Heidi - Heidi
Sharon - Rosalie/Lauren
Mel - Angela
Seeker - Victoria
Jared - Jacob
Wes - Emmett
Ford Waters - Jasper
Walter - Billy
Lucina - Esme
Back to top Go down
Twilight<3
Admin obsessed with Milo
Twilight<3

Location : Going through my wardrobe... and then shocked to find Pix there!

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Twilight and The Host   Comparison between Twilight and The Host EmptyWed May 21, 2008 7:07 pm

You see Ian as Edward? Really? I see him as much more of Jacob than anything. I mean, I think Jared is supposed to be the "right guy" for this book. I've been on this one host forum and in one of the admin's siggies, it said "I fell for the wrong guy again!" and had a picture of Ian.
Back to top Go down
WinniePony
Discovering a New World

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Twilight and The Host   Comparison between Twilight and The Host EmptyWed May 21, 2008 11:11 pm

I don't think there is a "right guy" for this one...it's all about who's right for who. I can see Ian as both Edward and Jacob...he has a little of each. He's his own character, that's why we love him.
Back to top Go down
Chadley
Insanely and stalkerishly obsessed with Hanson Fanson moderator
Chadley

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Twilight and The Host   Comparison between Twilight and The Host EmptyMon May 26, 2008 11:02 am

Hmm, I thought Doc was like Carlisle, Ian was like Edward, Kyle was like Emmett, Jamie was like Jacob, and Lacy/Seeker was like Alice and Rosalie combined.

But, I was just comparing them through personalities, not what role they played.
Back to top Go down
WinniePony
Discovering a New World

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Twilight and The Host   Comparison between Twilight and The Host EmptyMon May 26, 2008 10:33 pm

Oh, you saw Alice in the Seeker? I never would have, the Seeker is way too antagonistic. Alice is just so sweet!
Back to top Go down
Chadley
Insanely and stalkerishly obsessed with Hanson Fanson moderator
Chadley

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Twilight and The Host   Comparison between Twilight and The Host EmptyTue May 27, 2008 5:58 pm

See, I thought the Seeker's appearance was a bit like Alice's with the size and the style of hair.

Plus, she was very loud. Isn't Alice loud, too?

Eh, I may be delusional.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Twilight and The Host   Comparison between Twilight and The Host EmptyFri May 30, 2008 12:17 pm

This was my question for Steph when she came to my city! LOL Very Happy

I confess, I was looking for clues for BD when I was reading The Host. (Which I finished yesterday). Like when they were talking about the 'afterlife' and stuff? I kinda compared their conversation to Bella and Edward's ideas. But who knows?

Chad, I agree. I believe Alice has black hair too. Plus the shortness. Haha, plus they don't give up.

I think Jared and Jacob were a lot alike, because both of them were only in love with one girl and ignored everyone else. They both would hurt others to get to the girl they love. Jared totally ignored Wanine (Wanda + Melanie) because Wanda was in the body. But then whenever he got a glimse of Melanie, he would keep saying he loved her. Jacob kinda did the same thing. I think that Leah likes Jacob a lot, but he doesn't see that, because he loves Bella too much.
Back to top Go down
Krystina the Alien
Behave, or I'll MMMBop your face.
Krystina the Alien

Location : Pondering how hard it would be to steal Bill Kaulitz and Georg Listing....

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Twilight and The Host   Comparison between Twilight and The Host EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 4:23 am

Well, I saw Jared more as Jacob. But that could be the fact that I don't like either. Seriously, though, I think it was because he was in love with someone that wasn't really there. I mean, like Jacob's Bella, Melanie wasn't really there. And I see Ian as Edward simply because Ian is just that cool. And I can see Wanda (omfg, I hate that name) as Bella, always putting others before herself, but I can see Melanie as sort of Rosalie, because she's so headstrong.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Twilight and The Host   Comparison between Twilight and The Host Empty

Back to top Go down

Comparison between Twilight and The Host
Page 1 of 1