TSBM forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TSBM forum

It all started out with a small SKITS thread until it became so much more... we now have a place to hang out with friends around the world and talk about Twilight!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is it just me..

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AnEndToAllThatBegins
Eater of all. (You are my snack)
AnEndToAllThatBegins

Is it just me.. Empty
PostSubject: Is it just me..   Is it just me.. EmptyTue May 20, 2008 10:33 am

Is it just me.. Approved_thread

Dang, was this a long book, or what?

I found it kind of hard to get through. But it made more sense when I was done with it.

It seems boring at first, but I think thats only because the book moves at the actualy pace the life does; *hits slo-mo switch* sssssllllllllloooooooooowwwwwww.......

heh

Last edited by . on Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://jaggysmusings.webs.com
Twilight<3
Admin obsessed with Milo
Twilight<3

Location : Going through my wardrobe... and then shocked to find Pix there!

Is it just me.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me..   Is it just me.. EmptyTue May 20, 2008 4:45 pm

Really? I loved the book and I found it to be a good read! I thought it was a bit confusing and slow for about, hmm, the first three chapters but then it sped up a lot. And it wasn't that long - 619 pages.

One last thing...
JAG!!! You haven't been on in the LONGEST time!!!
Back to top Go down

Is it just me.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me..   Is it just me.. EmptyWed May 21, 2008 7:42 am

I was walking through the school with it under my arm, and when I walked past the Deputy, she's just like "Wow! That's a big book that you've got there!"
I almost dies laughing. After I escaped from her sight, of course. Deputies are scary creatures.
Back to top Go down
Twilight<3
Admin obsessed with Milo
Twilight<3

Location : Going through my wardrobe... and then shocked to find Pix there!

Is it just me.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me..   Is it just me.. EmptyMon May 26, 2008 1:18 am

Honestly, it's not that long. It's 619 pages. I've seen books WAYY longer than this book and it went by so fast!
Back to top Go down
Krystina the Alien
Behave, or I'll MMMBop your face.
Krystina the Alien

Location : Pondering how hard it would be to steal Bill Kaulitz and Georg Listing....

Is it just me.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me..   Is it just me.. EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 8:04 pm

I thought The Host was about two hundred pages too long. The good stuff started after Melanie directed 'Wanda' to the caves. I realize that they needed to introduce the characters, but I'm pretty sure that Stephenie did NOT have to introduce them for 200 pages!
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
WinniePony
Discovering a New World

Is it just me.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me..   Is it just me.. EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 8:58 pm

*gasps* You would cut out 200 whole pages??? Harsh..
Back to top Go down
Krystina the Alien
Krystina the Alien

Location : Pondering how hard it would be to steal Bill Kaulitz and Georg Listing....

Is it just me.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me..   Is it just me.. EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 9:02 pm

Okay, maybe not 200 pages, but quite a bit of the beginning. I thought it droned on way too long.
Back to top Go down
WinniePony
Discovering a New World

Is it just me.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me..   Is it just me.. EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 9:56 pm

A little bit, but I think she really had to define the difference between Wanda and Melanie, so we could see them as the separate people they are. Sometimes we just have to struggle through the not-as-fun stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sparkles.In.The.Sunlight
Feeling Better Thanks to Jasper
Sparkles.In.The.Sunlight

Is it just me.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me..   Is it just me.. EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 2:32 pm

Is it just me, or does the love triangle's between 'Mel,Wana and Jared', 'Mel,Wanda and Ian' and 'Ian, Jared, Wanda' Sorta kinda resemble the love triangle in Twilight.

like... Jared is Edward, Ian is Jake and Wanda/Mel is Bella. I don't know if it was just me...maybe it was. But it's been in my mind for a while now!
Back to top Go down
Krystina the Alien
Krystina the Alien

Is it just me.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me..   Is it just me.. EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 3:24 pm

Sparkles.In.The.Sunlight wrote:
Is it just me, or does the love triangle's between 'Mel,Wana and Jared', 'Mel,Wanda and Ian' and 'Ian, Jared, Wanda' Sorta kinda resemble the love triangle in Twilight.

like... Jared is Edward, Ian is Jake and Wanda/Mel is Bella. I don't know if it was just me...maybe it was. But it's been in my mind for a while now!

Meh, you make Jared Jake, and Ian Edward, and I agree completely. Then again, I need to read it again, 'cause I only read it once before my friend stole it from me (yes, I am talking to you, Hannah (aka, dazzled...frequently!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Is it just me.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me..   Is it just me.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Is it just me..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TSBM forum :: The Beloved Archives :: Twilight Archives-
Jump to: